Saturday, November 19, 2011

Baby #2 Has left the Building

I hit 11 weeks yesterday.

Wednesday night was really scary for us - about 10pm I started losing A LOT of blood and tissue. I didn't really want to go to the ER, so I just went into my doctor's office at 7:30 the next morning. I didn't have an appointment, but I was such an emotional mess that they saw me right away. The baby is doing great - what had happened was the rest of baby #2 had come out. My doctor thought that the remains to the second baby would eventually get reabsorbed, but it didn't. So, I was extremely relieved, especially since thought I had miscarried baby #1 and was no longer pregnant. I got to see the baby on the ultrasound - it's much bigger than it was 3 weeks ago, and actually looks like a baby, not just a blob any more. It was very wiggly - kicking it's feet and waving it's little arms. I also think it was one of the first times in my life I've cried in relief. But, I was pretty much primed to cry at the drop of a hat - I was pretty much a mess for a good chunk of Thursday, because I didn't really sleep at all on Wednesday night.

I have a regular OB appointment on Monday. My doctor told me to try to stay out of trouble until then. I feel like I've been though a small war - I'm ready for a normal boring pregnancy to start.


No comments:

Post a Comment